DirectoryPress is an awesome premium theme that can help you setup your directory website within a few minutes. However when you migrate your old directory website to directorypress, you might come across a situation when you want to change the authors of the directory listing (I came across this situation when I was working on migrating the site for a client).
DP Reassign Authors plugin was developed to allow site administrators to easily achieve the same thing easily.
Installation & Setting up the plugin
- Download the plugin from wordpress codex.
- To install the plugin to wordpress, you can choose either of these two methods.
- Go to dashboard of your wordpress site and select Plugins > Add New from left menu. On the right side of page, click on Upload link. Browse to the plugin zip file that you downloaded in step 1 and click upload. This will install the plugin.
- Extract the downloaded plugin to your harddisk. Copy the folder in which the files are extracted. Now on your website ftp, goto folder wp-content/plugins and paste the folder.
- Go to dashboard of your WordPress site and select Plugins from the left menu. Find Directorypress Reassign Authors plugin and click Activate to activate the plugin.